Tuesday, January 1, 2013

JANUARY 1, 2013

What a year!  I have spent the last 40 hours thinking about what has transpired.  Last winter sitting in front of the fireplace in a joking way I said to 10 friends lets open our own studio.  A year later, there are five of us who are still working like mad to make Clay Arts Vegas a reality.  We have an amazing gallery, a store that features Laguna Clay, we have our own online store clayartsvegas-store, and we teach classes seven days a week. 

We have been featured artists in local papers, magazines, and radio interviews, and our work has been held up by Laguna Clay Co. as artists of the week.  Together with other arts organizations, we are working to make Downtown Las Vegas a hub of art and a place to make clay.  I have to say I am very proud of what has been accomplished.  I will also say it is never easy, lots of growing pains, lots of scary moments, lots of fun, and whole collection of new and old friend supporting the project, to all of them I say THANK YOU, from all of it, I grow.  To say the least I am honored, lucky and looking forward to the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment